Friday, November 9, 2012

Suck it up!

I started a scarf yesterday and after mulling through the instructions and finally figuring out what they wanted me to do I followed the repeat four times and gave up.  I just wasn't into the effect that was being created and due to the fact that it was crochet work my yarn was disappearing at an alarming rate.  It was a light airy scarf that was going to weight about 3 pounds when I was finished.  Not exactly the goal I was trying to achieve.  In reality I was a little disappointed in my inability to deviate from the pattern.  It was very basic and I couldn't figure out a way to make the yarn wander off in its own direction.


So this morning I ripped it out...

by: Terry Border

The neat little center pull ball was more than half used and ended up rewound as an outer pull ball.  Fine, I'll just find a "simple little knit pattern" and run with that.

Mission accomplished, I'm in the possession of that "simple little knit pattern."  



But something has gone wrong.  It's too simple for one thing.  I keep messing up the pattern.  Row 1 and 3 are the same so I keep asking myself:  Is row 2 or row 4 next?  Other than a few of my irregular rows, the pattern has turned out lovely but once again I'm loosing yarn at a rate that is more drastic than I intended.  My planned evening of settling down with a beer and knitting has me drumming my fingers on the desk and contemplating the fate of this yarn.  Perhaps there is another "simple" pattern that isn't quite as ravenous as the last two.  Off to do a bit of research.  Perhaps I should wait to open that beer until I have that pattern.  Combining beer and pattern searching has probably put me into my current situation.


On a cheerier note, the is for A:



No comments:

Post a Comment